Dumpchock is an engineered solution for safely securing unmanned Dump Truck bodies.
Dump body movement is controlled by a dump lever inside the cab. Potential Hazards for a dump body injury or fatality:
- Lever is stuck, or seized
- Lever fails The dump body could be actuated if the linkage is pushed
POINTS TO NOTE:
- Between 1996 and 2006, 31 incidents involving the unanticipated release of movement of an elevated truck body in the USA.
- Make shift dump body props do not safely in an elevated position, which may cause a slip out of break.
- Nearly all “dump bed falls” accidents result in death.
- Causes for sudden movement of dump bodies include
1. Hydraulic failure
2. Inadvertently pulling a release cable
3. Premature reconnecting of an airline.